- RSS Channel Showcase 2320341
- RSS Channel Showcase 1684787
- RSS Channel Showcase 3734459
- RSS Channel Showcase 2110437
Articles on this Page
- 09/04/14--12:23: _FACT SHEET: Working...
- 05/13/15--11:58: _Right to Work State...
- 06/15/15--13:39: _RTW States’ Manufac...
- 06/19/15--09:59: _NILRR Clipsheet Ju...
- 07/17/15--08:44: _NILRR Clipsheet Jul...
- 11/13/15--12:37: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 12/04/15--11:36: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 12/30/15--20:25: _Right to Work State...
- 03/16/16--09:01: _Compulsory Unionism...
- 03/18/16--14:48: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 01/20/17--11:21: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 03/17/17--11:57: _NILRR Right to Clip...
- 11/03/17--11:20: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 12/08/17--03:54: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 01/12/18--10:49: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 02/09/18--11:02: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 03/09/18--14:13: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 03/16/18--09:05: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 04/06/18--14:15: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 06/18/18--09:56: _NILRR Right to Work...
- 09/04/14--12:23: FACT SHEET: Working-Age Resident Deficit
- 05/13/15--11:58: Right to Work States Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing Power
- 06/15/15--13:39: RTW States’ Manufacturing Edge
- 06/19/15--09:59: NILRR Clipsheet June 19, 2015
- 07/17/15--08:44: NILRR Clipsheet July 17, 2015
- 11/13/15--12:37: NILRR Right to Work Clipsheet November 13, 2015
- 12/04/15--11:36: NILRR Right to Work Clipsheet December 04, 2015
- 12/30/15--20:25: Right to Work States Attract Job-Creating Investments From Abroad
- 03/16/16--09:01: Compulsory Unionism Plunges States Deep Into Red
- 03/18/16--14:48: NILRR Right to Work Clipsheet March 18, 2016
- 01/20/17--11:21: NILRR Right to Work in the News January 20, 2017
- 03/17/17--11:57: NILRR Right to Clips March 17 2017
- 11/03/17--11:20: NILRR Right to Work News
- 12/08/17--03:54: NILRR Right to Work News
- 01/12/18--10:49: NILRR Right to Work Clips
- 02/09/18--11:02: NILRR Right to Work February 09, 2018
- 03/09/18--14:13: NILRR Right to Work News Clips March 09, 2018
- 03/16/18--09:05: NILRR Right to Work News Clips March 16, 2018
- 04/06/18--14:15: NILRR Right to Work News April 06, 2018
- 06/18/18--09:56: NILRR Right to Work News June 15, 2018
Working-Age Resident Deficit Compulsory-Union-Dues States’ Total Population Aged 35-54 Fell by Roughly Two Million from 2003 to 2013 By Stan Greer Because, as a group, they already have plenty of work experience, but are still able to put in a lot of hours on the job, the 84.2 million Americans who were aged 35-54 in […]
Right to Work States Benefit From Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing Power Spring 2015 Update (Click here to download the 2015 Right to Work States Benefit From Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing Power Fact Sheet) Related Images: [See image gallery at www.nilrr.org]
The post Right to Work States Faster Growth, Higher Real Purchasing Power appeared first on National Institute for Labor Relations Research.
According to U.S. Commerce Department data released on June 10, last year a record 47.9% of the entire U.S. manufacturing output, measured in current dollars, occurred in states that had prohibited compulsory union dues and fees. (A link to the entire release may be found at the end of this post.) Stan Greer has the story […]
Most of U.S. Manufacturing GDP Now Emanates From Right to Work States www.nrtwc.org, June 15, 2015 According to U.S. Commerce Department data released on June 10, last year a record 47.9% of the entire U.S. manufacturing output, measured in current dollars, occurred in states that had prohibited compulsory union dues and fees. (A link […]
Federal Union Lawyers Rediscover Freedom of Non-Association National Institute for Labor Relations Research, July 16, 2015 In November, 2011, Jarman, a security guard at Red River Army Depot (RRAD) in Texarkana, Texas, applied for membership in Local 2189 of the NFFE union after being promoted to a job that put him under that union’s “exclusive” […]
UMWA endorses Jim Justice for governor WV Metro News, November 12, 2015 When asked about how he would handle a right-to-work bill as governor, Justice said he would veto it. Why bond-buyers prefer red states Your Daily Journal Online, November 12, 2015 States with strong public-employee unions — which they measured with membership rates, […]
Worker files unfair labor charge against GM, UAW Detroit News Online, December 01, 2015 Daniel Lowery of Holly is claiming unfair labor practices against the three entities, according to a copy of the charges filed last week by the National Right to Work Defense Foundation Inc. on behalf of Lowery. The foundation says […]
Right to Work States Attract Job-Creating Investments From Abroad From 2007 to 2013, Total Employment at Majority-Owned U.S. Affiliates of Foreign Firms Grew by 14.4% in Right to Work States as Group, More Than Triple the Average Increase in Compulsory-Unionism States Economic analysts and elected officials across the ideological spectrum agree that the elimination […]
The post Right to Work States Attract Job-Creating Investments From Abroad appeared first on National Institute for Labor Relations Research.
None of the 12 States With the Greatest Absolute State-and-Local Government Debt Per Capita Protects Employees From Being Fired For Refusal to Bankroll an Unwanted Union Twenty-five years ago this May, as state officials across the nation were raising taxes and curtailing essential services to patch over large and widening budget gaps, a prescient cover […]
Virginia, Alabama voters asked to reaffirm ‘right-to-work’ status Washington Examiner Online, March 18, 2016 “Right-to-work is popular in Alabama and protecting worker freedom has been good for Alabama’s economy, so naturally legislators in the state want to find ways to promote Alabama’s right-to-work status,” said Greg Mourad, vice president of the National Right to Work […]
History indicates wages will rise in Right to Work Missouri Springfield (MO) News-Leader Online, January 11, 2017 History indicates that wages will rise in Right to Work Missouri. Since early 2012, four states have banned compulsory union dues, and in two of these states — Indiana and Michigan — unionism has now been voluntary […]
Manufacturing Moves to Right to Work States cnsnews.com, March 15, 2017 by Stan Greer Ever since the first state Right to Work laws were enacted back in the 1940’s, the share of total U.S. manufacturing employment located in such states has been consistently rising. Alexander Defends Delaying Confirmation to Meet With Trump freebeacon.com, March 17, […]
Big Labor Academic Candidly Admits That Compulsory Unionism Antithetical To Free Market www.nilrr.org, November 02, 2017 Lichtenstein strongly asserts that: “[Compulsory] unions are not for the market. They’re against the market. That’s the purpose of a union.” Today’s Big Labor bosses are rarely so blunt about their ideological agenda, but we are unaware of any […]
‘Hoosiers’ Real Purchasing Power Has Increased More Rapidly’ www.nilrr.org, December 6, 2017 by Stan Greer By 2016, the annual average cost of living in Right to Work Indiana was 24.9 percent below the average for the remaining forced-unionism states. And Indiana’s cost of living-adjusted per capita disposable income was more than $3,800 higher than the […]
The Janus Stakes empirecenter.org, January 09, 2018 As shown in this report, if the Supreme Court sides with the plaintiff in Janus, New York state government and New York City municipal employees who have already indicated they would rather not belong to unions would save $53 million a year in dues-like fees. Extrapolating to other […]
Big Labor Boss Barricade Against Right To Work Costs Missourians Jobs nilrr.org, February 06, 2018 Across the state of Kentucky, where Right to Work protections are being enforced, U.S. Labor Department data released last month show that the “total” number of people “employed” rose by 100,000 in 2017 over 2016. Meanwhile, during the same period, […]
Newt Gingrich: Congress must fix Obama’s joint employer mess] Fox news.com, March 04, 2018 Raymond J. LaJeunesse thoroughly analyzed this Democratic double-standard in a recent column for The Federalist Society. Also, one private labor and employment attorney separately noted, according to Allen Smith at the Society for Human Resource Management, that “Becker’s refusal to excuse […]
Right to Work States Hold 2:1 Job-Growth Advantage Over Forced Union States CNS News Online, March 14, 2018 The 22 states that already had Right to Work laws prohibiting forced union dues and fees on the books back in 2007 enjoyed overall household employment growth of 8.8 percent over the next year. Meanwhile, aggregate employment […]
Audience in Reading hears both sides of right-to-work issue wfmz.com, April 04, 2018 The panel consisted of Stephen Herzenberg, executive director, Keystone Research Center; Stanley T. Greer, senior research associate, National Institute for Labor Relations Research; Robert Orzechowski, expert on human resources issues and current chief operating officer for Lancaster Cancer Center; and Karmelia Sams, […]
Will Repeal Right to Work Law, Michigan Governor Candidate Vows heartland.org, June 12, 2018 Gretchen Whitmer, a candidate in the Michigan Democratic Party gubernatorial primary, says she will work to repeal the state’s right-to-work (RTW) law, if selected by her party and elected in November. Stan Greer, a senior research associate for the National Institute […]